Saturday, April 19, 2014

Memento

Memento 
Although it was confusing and creepy,I really enjoyed the movie. I remember that I watched this movie when I was young. I first saw this movie when my parents were watching it. At that time, I did not get any thing. I just keep asked to my parents what is going on. So, all I remember about this movie is creepy tattoo , a man who forget new memories in every ten minute and dramatic reversal. However, this time, I fully enjoyed the movie.
The movie shows all the event not in time order. The hero kills a man just after the movie starts and audiences can understand the first part in the last scene. The way the director presents the story was really interesting. It made me to concentrate on the movie till it ends. It also makes the ending part more dramatic. Also, I really liked the ending part. The dramatic reversal makes the story really strong and clearly gives message of the director. Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite director because he always makes audience to think. The main character try hard not to distort his memory, he notes facts in the photos and even tattoo the most important facts. He believed his notes and memory but it was all fabricated by himself. Although, memory distortion was exaggerated because of his disease and circumstance, the movie makes me to think about how exact our memory is. All of our memory is actually interpretation of  events but we consider our memory as fact. I think Nolan clearly gives his message by the main character. The fact that what happens to Sammy was actually the memory of himself and the act  he constantly making quiz that can not be solved  was most impressive part to me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment